1. Never mind jokes about changing light bulbs. When spiders but their collective mind to it, they can pull down 8-foot long fluorescent light fixtures. In Baltimore, at least.
2. That’s not surprising when we consider spider silk as a prototype for synthetic muscle.
3. In fact, it turns out that the screenwriters behind Spiderman-2 were really on to something.
4. Alas, similar to us, even the most impressive arachnid is vulnerable to the temptation of illicit substances. This is your spider on drugs. Any questions?
5. Not as if that will slow down imminent “spider vogue.” We know arachnids have officially arrived now that they, and their silk, have their very own TED Talk.